Hi guys, I hope you all are well. Today I have a tag to share with you guys. As you can see from the title, I will be doing the Stranger Things book tag which was created by Sarah (aka Sarah Sunbeamz). I saw the first series last year when it came out and so when I saw this tag I thought it would be a fun one to do.
1. EPIC INTRO. The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.
This would have to go to Fudoki by Kij Johnson. From the very beginning I knew that it was going to be good. Her writing really grabbed my attention and the story was so engaging. Normally with a new author it takes me a little time to adjust to a new writing style but not with this book – it was one of my favourite books from last year. I highly recommend it. Check out my full review here.
2. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.
Although it’s not a particularly stable place I would love to experience the world of the Echoes of the Fallen series by Adrian Tchaikovsky. It seems like such an interesting world and I would love to be able to step into an animal (specifically a wolf). It’s a new favourite world of mine. I highly recommend the series – both the first and second books are amazing.
3. SQUAD GOALS. When Eleven met Mike, Dustin and Lucas it was a *mostly* perfect team. Name your favourite bookish group of friends.
Of course this goes to Locke and Jean in the Gentleman Bastards sequence by Scott Lynch. Although technically it’s not a group as there is only two of them but I’m going to use it anyway. Their friendship is one of the best things about the series, in my opinion.
4. ABC’s & CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. Name your favourite mentally unhinged character.
The Jackal from the Red Rising trilogy. He is definitely kind of mental and I was constantly surprised by his actions. I highly recommend checking this trilogy out.
5. THE UPSIDE DOWN. Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected.
I had a tough time coming up with an answer for this but I’m going to say War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I thought it was going to be extremely dense and hard to get into but it’s actually surprisingly readable. It is now one of my favourite classics and I highly recommend giving it a go.
6. MAD SCIENTISTS. Dr. Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.
Well I could say the Red Rising trilogy again but since I’ve already used that I am going to go for The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. It is set in a world where sterility is a huge problem, so women no longer have rights. Young fertile woman can become handmaids to rich couples, which basically means having sex once a month and hope that they become pregnant. It is very much a male dominated society. I think this is such a fantastic book and the world is definitely quite a scary one.
7. DEMOGORGON. Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.
There are so many that I could choose from… Dementors from the Harry Potter series, Free Magic creatures from the Old Kingdoms trilogy, Koloss from the Mistborn trilogy and the triffids from the Day of the Triffids are the first that come to mind.
8. CLIFFHANGER ENDING. name a book that left you wanting more.
Again there are so many books I could mention for this but I think I am going to say The Emperor of the Eight Island by Lian Hearn. The second book recently came out and I am so excited to continue on with the series as the first book definitely left me wanting more.
OK so that was the Stranger Things tag. If you haven’t checked out this TV series I recommend you do. I didn’t initially think it would be my thing but I ended up enjoying it. Have you guys seen it? What did you think? I’m excited to see how things progress in the next series although I don’t know when that will be. I hope you are all having a wonderful day and I will see you next time.